When you’re on a diet, need to be careful about ingredients or just want to eat healthier, it can be hard to find out exactly what you’re eating. It’s interesting to see how limited you suddenly are to certain parts of the menu. And to be brutally honest even those aren’t safe – some salads can be 600 calories or more!
I haven’t really seen a place with a list of local places (Edmonton, Alberta) that list this information, so I’m starting my own list here (omitting fast food places, locally-owned restaurants are indicated with an *). If you know of a place that I’m missing, please let me know!
- Boston Pizza – online
- Chili’s – allergen, nutrition and vegetarian listings online, Guiltless Grill items list calories on the printed menu
- Healthfare* – online (click on Menu, then on the menu item), don’t know about in-store
- Joeys – online (note: not all dishes are listed)
- Mucho Burrito – online, in-store (I think)
- The Old Spaghetti Factory – online
Other sources of information:
- The Consumerist’s Ultimate Chain Restaurant Nutrition Guide
- Restaurant chains launch nutrition information program (Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association news release from 2005)