- Have you entered my bread contest yet? If not there’s still time!
- The Unknown Studio podcast interviews Nate Box from the soon-to-be-opened Elm Cafe.
- Get a free PDF copy of the Martha Stewart Summer Grilling Cookbook!
- Get a free vegetable gardening guide also! (But not from Martha.)
- Barry Callebaut says it may have come up with a chocolate bar that could fight wrinkles and slow the aging process.
- Some pizza in Naples may have been baked with wood from coffins. Hopefully that’s not the secret to the taste….
- OpenTable’s 2010 Diners’ Choice Awards for Best Late Night Find Restaurants (US only though)
- Cilantro Haters, It’s Not Your Fault – article from the New York Times on why cilantro tastes funny to some people
- Back in April, Gwyneth Paltrow’s GOOP newsletter had this article in it talking all about Chinese medicine-inspired recipes. The only problem was that, most of them didn’t use any actual Chinese ingredients!
- Old news, but did you know that this happened? Health Canada OKs addition of caffeine to non-cola soft drinks
And lastly, if you live in the Edmonton area you should check out the local Chowhound board. I took over moderating the Edmonton Restaurant Review of the Month (RROTM) a couple of months ago, and we need more people participating! Here’s some info for you:
The Edmonton Restaurant Review of the Month (RROTM) is an event where chowhounds nominate local restaurantsto review for the month (similar to a book club). The moderator of RROTM will use a randomizer to choose the restaurant for the upcoming month. Chowhounds try to eat there at least once during that month, and post their opinion in a RROTM specific thread. There are two monthly threads for RROTM – the discussion thread to choose the restaurant and the thread for the reviews.
June discussion: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/710328?tag=main_body;topic-710328
June review thread: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/711446
May review thread: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/705743