I’ve been reading a lot more Twitter feeds lately and along with my regular website surfing, I have a bunch of various links saved from @Atlantic_Food, @foodtvdotca and @CBCfoodbytes.
- Eric Ripert doesn’t like his Twitter impersonator
- Top Chef Masters contestants announced – no word yet on a Canadian broadcaster as far as I can tell
- Wall Street Journal mocks people who order Shirley Temples and other mocktails – Humph. Shirley Temples rock!
- Ontario doctors think school cafeterias should be required to post calories. I think a better question is should they be forced to ban junk food because really, will kids pay attention to the calories except for those who are anorexic?
- Did Yellow Tail crush the Australian wine industry?
- Askmen.com picks the top 9 restaurants opening this year
- Sainsbury’s in the UK will be renaming their pollack to “colin” in order make the fish more appealing to consumers (and yes I checked the date of the article; not an April Fool’s)
- Liane Faulder from the Edmonton Journal reports on the aftermath of the Rice Howard Way fire and that Bistro Praha won’t know more info about reopening until at least the end of the month, and Co Co Di says they need at least three months
- This Burger King Spongebob Squarepants ad is even more disturbing than their perfume website – and this is supposed to sell kids’ meals?
- And lastly, apparently I can pollinate up to six times more efficiently than the honeybee, among other interesting facts.