I didn’t mean to do another one of these so soon, but I haven’t had time to finish some longer entries that I’ve been working on, and I came across a bunch of interesting things in the past two days. Enjoy!
- Mucho Burrito is offering $5.00 burritos on Tuesday, May 5th to celebrate Cinco de Mayo – details in store.
- The Edmonton Public Library is holding an event called Books2Eat on the evening of May 9th, as a fundraiser for their new Clareview Branch. The event is $100 per person (partial charitable receipt provided), and will feature edible book cakes based on the theme “Myths & Legends,” as well as food, wine, music and a silent auction. Participants include the Red Ox Inn, Fairmont Hotel MacDonald, and La Ronde Revolving Restaurant.
- @CBCFoodBytes posted a link to this article that asks if there is a need to copyright the Montreal bagel, similar to how wine and cheese is protected in Europe.
- Everyone’s posting links to the new Julie & Julia movie trailer.
- Should you cool your food before refrigerating?
- Michael Ruhlman on why kitchen scales are important – I don’t have one myself but it is on my wish list.
If you live in Canada don’t forget that today is the last day to send in your taxes!
And lastly, if you need to book a reservation for Mother’s Day (May 10) it would be a good idea to do it now if you haven’t already. Thus ends today’s public service announcement.