- Condé Nast to Close Gourmet and Cookie magazines, among others – I’m frankly shocked that they’re closing Gourmet.
- McDonald’s restaurants to open at the Louvre
- Calgary Farmers’ Market is asking its vendors for a $3-million loan to help fund the cost of relocating to a new building. Apparently 16 vendors have decided not to relocate, but I can’t find any confirmation of that.
- Liane Faulder from the Edmonton Journal posted on her blog that the Hardware Grill will be serving lunches again.
- This coming Saturday will be the last one for the City Market. This past Saturday I stopped to see if they had any giant brussels sprouts like I managed to pick up last year, but there were slim pickings. So I settled on some big bunches of kale from Sundog Organic Farm, some lovely B.C. peaches, and Jam Lady jam.
- The St. Albert Farmers’ Market has moved indoors into St. Albert Place and runs October 3rd to December 19th.
And yes, the moon cake post is coming. ended up not having any blog time this weekend, so it will likely appear sometime this week. Also expect a kale post. 🙂