Too many things going on right now. Between work and trip planning and events, I haven’t had much time for myself, let alone to think about the blog other than to write up posts as quickly as I am able.
- Only Here for the Food did a Q and A feature on yours truly. Regular readers of this blog probably won’t see anything new, but you might enjoy my “last meal” answer.
- I have a reservation for a certain London nose to tail restaurant, so I figure that this article declaring Fergus Henderson the World’s Most Influential Chef and this blog post by someone who did a stage at St. John Bread and Wine is appropriate.
- Gary from Everything Everywhere is doing a street food experiment during his Asia travels
- Japadog in Vancouver is getting a LOT of media attention thanks to the Olympics. I recently read this article about special hot dogs they’re making for the Olympics, and they were on NBC’s Today’s Show on Monday morning.
- Founder of Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods transfers business to employees – now that’s a good boss!
- How a soft drink became Quebec’s homegrown insult – interesting article on the meaning of Pepsi in Quebec
- How quinoa came to the U.S. – Indiana Jones couldn’t have done better
- Safer beer mugs FTW!
- Travel Alberta features Alberta’s rural cuisine
- A couple of small dining notes – went to dim sum at Golden Rice Bowl recently and was gobsmacked at the high prices. The (somewhat) new Famoso in South Common has a great layout. And another Famoso branch is going to open in Christy’s Corner – YAY!!
- And lastly, the third Edmonton Foodie Meetup is happening in March. I’m going to miss it (yet again), but if you’re free you should attend!