First, a few administrative details. I’ve moved a few things around on my website – links to other food blogs and websites can be found on a page of it’s own, accessible from the sidebar or from a link at the top of any web page. I added a few new links in there, so I encourage you to have a look and see if there’s anything that’s new to you. Also, if you have a look at the sidebar, you can also now sign up for e-mail updates.
Okay, enough blabbing. Let’s get to the news and links.
- Free Kashi Cereal sample (Canadians only)
- Get a $25 gift voucher for signing up for the Ric’s Grill/Copper Pot newsletter. (Edmonton and surrounding area)
- Kraft buys Cadbury for $19.6 billion
- US Customs is cracking down on those people who try to sneak meat into the country – no more chefs hiding Iberico ham and salumi!
- Foodie Suz has gone on hiatus. 😦
- Two local food bloggers have changed their URLs and redesigned their sites: A Canadian Foodie and eating is the hard part.
- Just added MomofukuAtHome to my blog reading list – I got the Momofuku cookbook as a surprise Christmas present and I need to sit down and go through it all. I already know there are some recipes that I want to try.
- Is agave nectar bad for you? It’s not natural. It’s actually refined and contains more concentrated
fructose than high fructose corn syrup. Kinda wish I hadn’t bought that bottle to try.
- Poutine making culinary inroads in the US
- Giant Tuna Fetches $177, 000 at Japanese Auction
- Is the tv show The Biggest Loser all it’s promoted to be? The real story behind the rapid weight loss.
- I guess you really can freeze butter! Century-old butter found in Antarctic explorer’s hut.
- New documentary puts Coca-Cola on alert.
- And lastly, two photos of the dessert served at the Golden Globes. One from Glee’s @MsAmberRiley (http://tweetphoto.com/8970522) and one from musician @amandapalmer (http://twitpic.com/ykv1t).