- The Great Potato Giveaway (PDF file) – The Edmonton Potato Growers and the Greater Edmonton
Alliance are holding an event on Sept 26th where you can harvest 50 lbs of FREE POTATOES per person.
- U.S. health experts advise levying taxes on sweetened soft drinks
- Canadian vs US chocolate – The Food Network Canada blog did a bit of chocolate taste testing and they found that: “What Canadians want from their milk chocolate is richness, smooth texture, maximum cocoa flavour within the realm of milk chocolate, and most particularly, that caramelized sugar/toffee note that is preferred from coast to Canadian coast, including French Canada. The American profile is devoid of that caramelized sugar taste and is indeed grittier and more astringent.”
Hershey’s milk chocolate test
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups comparison
- Doctors pull out a piece of Wendy’s plastic eating utensil from man’s lung
- Cooking with magnets – chefs at Alinea do the vast majority of their cooking using portable induction burners.
- And one last important thing. I found out recently (via a Twitter conversation with their account) that the Edmonton Food Bank needs empty egg cartons. You can drop them off at fire stations and in the grocery store Food Bank bins.