To start, three gluten-free links:
- For four weeks, the Guardian UK newspaper is featuring gluten-free baking recipes from the newspaper’s expert baker.
- Betty Crocker gluten-free mixes, coming this summer (no idea if it’s U.S. only)
- Bob’s Red Mill’s corn products are now gluten-free
And now, the non-gluten-free links:
- Maple syrup in space! Canadian astronauts take food from the homeland to the space station in order to celebrate the first time two Canadians will be in space at the same time.
- Anthony Bourdain, Alice Waters and Duff Goldman appear on stage together, and surprisingly no blood is shed. Tony does get a few zingers in at Alice’s expense though. (Shark’s fin, Alice? Really?!) There are also a couple of videos posted from the event.
- Affordable steak options chart, courtesy of the Washington Post (PDF file)
- New York Times feature on Tuong Ot Sriracha (Sriracha Chili Sauce) and Huy Fong Foods
- Wittersham Church of England Primary School in Kent opens up their school dinners to the general public in order to generate more funds
- And I’m sure all you locals have read it by now, but if you haven’t then you should check out the Vue Weekly article on restaurants and the economy written by Sharon from Only Here for the Food.