- Hershey kisses vs an upscale Champagne kiss by Jacques Torres
- David Lebovitz recently took a chocolate making class at Valrhona. Yes, I am very envious.
- baking masterclass by Dan Lepard – cookie and biscuits baking tips
- Heston Blumenthal set to open first London restaurant?
- Food writer and cookbook author Fuchsia Dunlop and Bar Shu owner Shao Wei open new London restaurant Ba Shan, which serves a mix of Xi’an and Sichuan cuisine.
- Serious Eats posted photos of seriously creepy looking dried skate rays called Jenny Hanivers. Don’t click on it if visuals haunt you in your dreams. I can’t believe people actually make them look like that!
- Bacon won So Good’s Meat Madness (click on the link to see the completed bracket chart and percentage breakdown). I wonder if bacon would have still won if the news about the swine flu had broken before the end of the competition? The misconception about how you can catch it is hurting pork product sales.
- It has been confirmed that the rumours are true; the next season of Top Chef will be filmed in Las Vegas. Too bad filming will be done before my trip there! It would have been fun to catch a glimpse of them running around.
- And speaking of Top Chef, here’s a “Where are they now” article on past cheftestants (from last year so no idea if it’s outdated).
Looks like they’re reopening. And yet, no confirmation on what the problem was?
The British chef olympics