Have you recovered from Christmas yet? Ready for New Year’s? I’ve had a pretty good holiday so far. Lots of eating, lots of visiting with family and friends, lots of sleeping. And I got some great food books too, which I’m looking forward to reading through.
- Many restaurants around Edmonton are offering New Year’s Eve deals. There might be a few spots left but many are likely booked already. Blue Pear, Haweli, Ric’s Grill to name a few that I know about. There are a bunch of specific deals listed on OpenTable as well.
- T & T Supermarket’s north end location is offering a free cooking class on December 30 from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Ryan from Nose to Tail at Home pointed over to a Salon.com article about how the Humane Society of the United States is trying to sue New York’s Hudson Valley Foie Gras out of business. Whether you agree with the foie gras industry or not, it definitely makes interesting reading.
- Were you one of those who tried out Kerstin’s Chocolates‘ Name That Origin chocolate contest? I failed miserably by only getting two correct answers. Only Here for the Food has a good wrap up of the contest finals.
- There is a demand for roast beef equal rights at buffets over at are you gonna eat that. Join the fight!
- I recently read a great article called A Very Long Way to the Hong Kong Cafe. It’s a small snapshot of what so many immigrants are willing to do to make a living.
- Canada looks at soy as Omega-3 source