- Win a set of Jaime Oliver cookbooks and cookware!
- Chinese ban Canadian canola
- 40,000 salmon escape B.C. farm
- China’s haunting soups
- Ever wanted to eat a (really, really) giant cookie? Then maybe you should consider picking up one of these Williams-Sonoma Sandwich Cookie Cake Pans. Very cute.
- Archeologist discovers campsite that offers window into ancient lives, and a 2000 year old soup recipe.
- The Christmas on the Square Holiday Light Up will be on Saturday, November 14, 2009 starting at 1 p.m., where you will get a chance to do some downtown farmers’ market City Market shopping for one day only, along with other Christmas festivities.
- How to behave badly at Tokyo’s Tsukiji fish market, and ruin the experience for everyone else.
- Two reality TV people get food-related TV shows – Bethenny Frankel of The Real Housewives of New York City will show off her natural foods chef background as the cameras follow her every move,” and Fabio Viviani, from Top Chef season five will star in Fabio: A Catered Affair, which will focus on the expansion of his restaurant and catering business.
I know there’s lots of other things happening around town, but Sharon at Only Here for the Food already does such a great job of recording all that already. So instead today you get links that I stumble upon and find at least mildly interesting.