Why do you need to go with the best email capture tools?
The money is in the email list.
That might look like a cliché. But, it is the hard truth. Email marketing is still not dead and is the best promotional source. When someone gives you the email, they give you permission to contact them.
So, it is the first sense of trust. If you are professional, you wouldn’t be spamming your subscribers and losing faith. A professional would consider their subscribers as valuable resources. They will try to exploit these valuable resources by using email marketing.
To start with email marketing, you must get these emails from your visitors. To get these emails, these email capture tools will be handy. Some marketers also call them list-building tools because you build your email list with these tools. And that’s why I am here with my list of the best lead generation tools.
There are so many email capture tools available on the internet. Some are free to use, and many are paid. You can also find some freemium tools.
This blog post will expose you to the best email capture tools professional bloggers use*——. Let’s see what they are.
LeadPages is the most popular list-building tool used by professionals. The reason is that it is just not a landing page builder. It has got many powerful integrations and features inbuilt.
Features of LeadPages:
Some popular features are:
- Most attractive mobile Templates: They have hundreds of ready-made templates for various events. You can use all these templates for list building.
- Easy Customization: You can create powerful landing pages and forms with ease.
- Built-in Payments: You can never find such a feature in any other list-building tool. Create a checkout section on any part of the landing page. So, creating upsells and conversions are not a big deal anymore.
- Instant Ad Creation: Their integrated Facebook Ad Builder pulls content from your page and creates compelling ads.
- Easy Audience Targeting: With their robust targeting tools, ensure you don’t lose even a penny.
- Automatic Pixel Placement: Leadpages will automatically place Facebook’s tracking pixels on your pages, making it easy for you to retarget your audience and make the best out of analytics.
- A/B Testing: This is a standard feature found in many list-building tools.
- Marketing Integrations: They have an extensive list of Integrations, starting with PayPal, Convertkit, GetResponse, AWeber, and many more. You can find the entire list of Integrations here.
- Clear Campaign ROI: LeadPages will reduce your need to maintain spreadsheets to check the performance of your campaigns. Their dashboard will help you manage everything.
These are just some of their popular features. They have many more. You can find the entire list of features available at LeadPages on their website.
The pricing of LeadPages starts at $37/mo.
Start with a 14-Day trial to explore how powerful this tool is.
- Drag and drop – drag and drop builder will help you to build landing pages/pop-ups without writing codes.
- Easy to use UI – the user interface is so friendly.
- No training is required; you can use the tool without prior knowledge.
- Analytics – you can view the analytics and user interactions for better tracking.
- More customization options – Lead pages come with advanced customization options.
- Missing native integrations – LeadPages tool is missing some integration opportunities with Zoom, Calendly, etc. But with Zapier, you can manage it.
$This is an affiliate link
The Hello Bar is a popular WordPress plugin that helps you add a notifications bar to your website. Apart from having a lightweight email-capturing tool like Notification bars, it also has aggressive email-capturing methods like Pop-ups, sliders, and page takeovers.
Features of Hello Bar:
- Exit Pop-ups: When a visitor is about to leave, these pop-ups will start to work. You can create Exit Pop-ups with animated GIFs in the background with Hello Bar.
- Content Upgrades: By using Hello Bar, you can create Content Upgrades.
- Targeting Vistors: You can target your visitors based on URL, device, location, and Traffic Source.
- A/B Testing: You can create variations for your forms and Bar and test their performance.
Watch this video from Neil Patel to see how he collects email addresses using Hello Bar.
Hello, Bar gives you a free account. The pro account starts at $15/mo.
Special Offer: Use my Hello Bar referral link and get one month of Hello Bar Pro for free.
- One-month free trial – every plan comes with a one-month free trial. You can use this period to test out their features and integrations.
- Free up to 10 sites – you can add up to 10 sites in the free version plan.
- Action tracking – action tracking can help you to increase your lead generation by targeting specific users.
- Visitor targeting – using advanced technologies, you can track specific visitors.
- Branding – in the free plan, they will add their own branding inside every pop-up. You need to purchase the premium version to remove it.
Recommended Read: How To Run WooCommerce Flash Sales and Increase Sales?
Thrive Leads is one of the best email capture tools you can find. As the name suggests, Thrive Leads belongs to the family of Thrive Themes, which offers many more similar products like Thrive Architect, Thrive Optimize, etc., and got some professional WordPress themes.
With Thrive Leads, you can create ThriveBox (Pop-up LightBox), Sticky Ribbon, Inline Forms, 2-step opt-in forms, slide-in, opt-in Widget, Screen Filler Overlay, Content Lock, Scroll Mat, and Multiple Choice Forms.
Features of Thrive Leads:
- Mobile Specific Opt-in Forms: This is one feature you can’t find in many other tools. Creating Opt-in forms specifically for mobile users. Since mobile users are growing daily, creating specific mobile opt-ins will help you get more leads.
- Easy Customization: You can design and customize forms with their drag-and-drop builder. So, even a beginner can exploit the maximum of Thrive Leads.
- SmartLinks: By using SmartLinks, you can make your website free from pop-ups. Only when your reader clicks these Smartlinks will the pop-ups be shown.
- A/B Testing: By using A/B testing, you can keep your email list accelerating.
- SmartExit & SmartExit+: They are some advanced versions of Exit-Intent email pop-ups. Thrive Themes has tested hundreds of websites and concludes that SmartExit and SmartExit+ convert better than default Exit-Intent Pop-ups.
- Creating Eye-Catching Animations: Using Thrive Leads, you can use eye-catching animations for your pop-ups, and you can even do A/B testing for these animations.
- Ultra-Precise Targeting: By using their ultra-precise targeting features, you can show exactly the right offer to the right segment of your audience.
- Best Reports: Use the advanced reporting features at Thrive Leads to identify which campaigns perform well, where your traffic comes from, and many more.
The pricing of Thrive Leads is $67 for a single website.
- Verity of opt-in forms – you will get a wide range of types.
- SmartLinks – You can show/ hide forms from specific visitors.
- A/ B testing feature – want to know which form style will perform well? Use the A/B testing feature.
- Pre-made templates – The team added several templates inside the plugin to save time on form creation.
- Drag and drop builder – you can create pop-up opt-ins using the drag-and-drop form builder. No coding skills are required.
- Slow reporting – Thrive Leads will report the insights more slowly than other industry tools.
- Minor bugs – Some users reported several minor bugs while creating pop-ups.
$This is an affiliate link
Sumo was earlier known as Sumo Me. Many old blog posts and videos on the internet will have their name as Sumo Me.
Sumo is just not an email list-building tool. It also has got features like share buttons and heatmaps. It is a complete collection of website traffic generation tools. You can use their List Builder, Welcome Mat, and Smart Bar to collect email leads.
Features of Sumo:
- Drag and Drop Builder: The pop-up and forms can be created by drag and drop, making it easy for everyone to use.
- Target Audience: With its simple targeting options, you can display different pop-ups to audiences from other traffic.
- Pre-Designed Templates: They have dozens of pre-designed templates to simplify your work.
- A/B Testing: You can create variations of your pop-ups and choose the best converting one.
- Mobile Responsive: All these pop-ups and forms are mobile responsive. So, you don’t need to worry about using them for mobiles.
Sumo has a free plan, which you can use for 200 subscribers. The professional plan starts at $30/per month.
- Easy to use – you can create pop-ups without any additional help.
- Great UI – the user interface is super cool.
- Multiple integration options – advanced integrations will help you to connect the opt-ins with different apps or services.
- Detailed controls – you can control each inch of your form.
- Advanced customization options – more customization options will give you access to create an attractive, feature-rich form.
- The free version includes branding – you must choose a premium plan to remove their branding.
- Expensive – a little pricey for beginners.
OptinMonster is the most loved email capture tool for its design and monster logo. They are so popular as featured in Entrepreneur, Huffpost, Inc., Forbes, VB, Yahoo, etc. I covered it in detail in my OptinMonster Review.
OptinMonster has high-converting opt-in forms like Exit-Intent pop-ups, full-screen welcome mats, scroll boxes, etc.
- OptinMonster is the #1 Toolkit to boost your conversions
- Over 1 million Professionals use OptinMonster to increase their subscribers
- Up to 35% off on OptinMonster Subscriptions - Limited Time Deal (Only for Today!)
Significant Features of OptinMonster:
- Reduce Cart Abandonment: OptinMonster uses time-sensitive behavior-based offers to dramatically reduce overall cart abandonment. So, this will help you boost sales.
- Targeted Website Messages: The best thing about OptinMonster is that it remembers your existing newsletter subscribers, customers, and returning visitors. How cool is welcoming your returning visitor? OptinMonster does that.
- Onsite Retargeting: You can improve your sales by retargeting your site visitors who abandon the cart.
- Complete Access Control: You can create sub-accounts for your OptinMonster account and allow dashboard access for your clients, 3rd party consultants, etc
- Pre-made Templates: They have 65+ premade templates to help you easily create forms.
- A/B Testing: You can create A/B testing and choose the best based on data-driven results.
- Integrations: OptinMonster has got a massive number of email marketing platform integrations like Brevo, AWeber, ConvertKit, GetResponse, etc
The pricing for the OptinMonster starts at $19/mo. They don’t have a trial but offer you a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Unique designs – all the designs are unique. You can quickly get started with the form-building options.
- Easy form building – You can create forms easily with the drag-and-drop form builder.
- Multiple technologies – OptinMonster comes with more advanced technologies. Some popular ones are exit-intent, MonsterLinks, coupon wheel, etc.
- Email marketing service integration – OptinMonster can be integrated with almost every email marketing service.
- Sub-accounts – if you represent an agency, you can create sub-accounts for your clients.
- Access to OptinMonster university – OptinMonster university will give you access to more valuable resources on growth marketing and lead generation.
- Quick support – for pre-sale issues, you can use the general contact form. On the other hand, you can raise a support ticket for issues.
- No free version – they don’t have a free version plan.
$This is an affiliate link
Recommended Read: How To Get Started With Exit-Intent and Generate Leads?
HubSpot Marketing Free is a WordPress plugin that you can install on your WordPress site. This plugin is not just an email-capturing tool but will also help you track leads and user behavior on your website.
With this plugin, you can create pop-ups, slide-ins, and modal forms.
Features of HubSpot Marketing:
- Contact Form Integrations: All those integrations that I mentioned earlier were email marketing software integrations. But Hubspot Marketing allows you to integrate with Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7, etc.
- Contact Insights: Unlike other email capture tools, the Hubspot Marketing plugin will pull additional info about the lead, including Job Title and social profiles. You can also see how they arrived at your website and what they viewed before filling up this form. Each activity is clearly listed in a timeline so that you can understand their interests.
- Built-in Analytics: Their built-in Analytics feature will make it easier to learn which pages, offers, and traffic sources drive the most conversions. You can even see how many times the leads visit the site before he buys.
Hubspot Marketing free is a free WordPress plugin. However, you can upgrade to the starter package at $50/month.
- Well-organized menu bar – the menu bar contains everything you need to get started with leads.
- Social media scheduling – you can also schedule custom posts to social media channels.
- Create professional emails – professional email generation will help make your business look professional.
- Landing pages – you can create landing pages for better conversions
- CTA tracking – if you have a CTA on a page and need to track it correctly, this is the best choice
- Flexible UI – the user interface of HubSpot marketing is super awesome
- Forms – you can also manage several forms and entries through the platform.
- The design tools section can be improved – that one looks a little outdated. If they can improve the design, we have an excellent tool for lead generation
$This is an affiliate link
With Bloom, you can create Pop-ups, Fly-ins, Inline Opt-In Forms, Below Content Opt-In Forms, Widget Area Opt-In Forms, and Require Opt-in To Unlock Content.
Features of Bloom:
- Responsive & Retina Ready: All the forms you create with Bloom are responsive, meaning you don’t need to develop forms separately for mobile devices.
- Import and Export Bloom Data: If you want to export all your current forms to a different website, you can easily do that with their Import and Export feature.
- Unlimited Email Marketing Account Integrations: You can add, modify and remove unlimited integrations to other Email Marketing tools.
- A/B Testing: Make use of A/B Testing to increase your conversions.
- Targeting Audience: You can set display rules for individual posts/pages and even put them to display for specific post types.
- 100+ Pre-made Templates: Bloom comes with 100+ templates and gives you many customization options. So, just within a matter of a few minutes, you can create attractive, professional-looking forms.
You cannot buy the Bloom plugin as an individual product. It comes along with Elegant Themes Membership. Elegant Themes Membership costs $89 /year.
- Pre-made templates – the development team already created several forms and integrated them with the plugin. You can use them as a quick headstart.
- Multiple campaign types – several campaign options are available for better lead generation.
- Responsive – all the forms will be responsive. It will be an excellent fit for mobile devices, desktops, and tablets.
- Email marketing integration – integration options available with most email marketing services.
- Analytics – from your WordPress dashboard, you can view the detailed analytics.
- No free version – no free version is available for this plugin.
$This is an affiliate link
While Omnisend is not exclusively for email capture, there’s no denying that this feature plays a significant role in finding success with this tool. With hundreds of 5-star ratings across the Shopify store, G2Crowd, and Capterra, it’s obvious their customers love what they do.
Let’s have a look at their significant features.
Features of Omnisend:
- Pop-ups for every occasion: Whether you choose time-based, scroll-based, or exit-intent, there’s a pop-up for you.
- Visual drag and drop builder: Whether you’re building a pop-up or an email, there’s no HTML knowledge required.
- Landing pages for special offers: If you’re looking to create an extra special offer, you can create dedicated landing pages for your email capture.
- Gamified forms to make signing up fun: Omnisend’s Wheel of Fortune lets your customers spin to win their discounts upon signing up for your list.
- Email marketing automation: Create messages that automatically trigger when a subscriber first signs up, completes a purchase, or any other trigger you can think of.
- Intelligent segmentation: Make sure your messages and pop-ups are always relevant by segmenting your subscribers based on campaign engagement, profile data, and shopping behavior.
- Omnichannel marketing: Unlike most marketing automation platforms, you can add several channels into the same workflow, such as email, SMS, web push notifications, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, and more.
- Intelligent insights: See how each form and campaign performs with data reports, key metrics, and sales data.
Omnisend offers a free plan for essential email marketing, which allows you to send up to 15,000 emails per month. Their Standard Plan starts at $16 per month, which you can add to modules to customize your plan for your e-commerce store.
- Email creation is easy – you can get started in minutes.
- Simple automation setup – the automation will help you to send campaigns automatically.
- Reporting is good – the reporting feature will give you a complete insight into the pop-ups.
- Effective follow-up campaigns – follow-up campaigns can be used for better lead tracking.
- Good pop-ups – they have optimized pop-ups for you,
- Can be more flexible – as a beginner, you will need some time to understand the platform
- Lack of pre-made templates – compared to other lead generation tools, we are missing some pre-made templates here
$This is an affiliate link
OmniKick is a trusted email capture tool, loved for its design, features, and result-driving capabilities. It boosts your sales through personalized lead-capturing technologies for all sizes of online businesses. It is also one of the favorite Shopify apps as it delivers brilliant e-commerce marketing results.
OmniKick provides highly optimized opt-in forms like abandon-intent pop-ups, full-screen welcome mats, sliders, inline pop-ups, and floating bars. These are very easy to deploy and boost your conversion rate. OmniKick has fantastic reviews on sites like Capterra, Crozdesk, and SourceForge.
Major Features of OmniKick
- Reduce Cart Abandonment: OmniKick uses innovative abandon-intent technology with sleep sensors to track idle or exit behavior. It stops users from abandoning the cart and persuades them to proceed with the checkout.
- Increases Sales: The best thing about OmniKick is that it boosts your revenue by increasing your sales. It creates a funnel that converts even the most skeptical users and gradually nurtures them to buy your product or service. It takes only a few clicks to set up the funnels, and they work automatically.
- Onsite Retargeting: OmniKick retargets your site visitors who abandon the cart. So you can improve your sales consistently.
- Viral Loop: OmniKick has features to make your visitor subscribe, like your social media pages, and share your content in one session.s
- Pre-made Templates: OmniKick has tons of unique pre-made templates, all mobile-friendly and optimized for higher conversion.
- Fetches Important Data: Each lead OmniKick captures will also come with its device, location, and behavioral information.
- A/B Testing: You can create A/B testing for each of your funnels and find out exactly which one is giving you better results.
- Integrations: OmniKick integrates with prominent email marketing platforms like Aweber, ConvertKit, Getresponse, Mailchimp, etc.
OmniKick provides versatile pricing to users. You can get started free for a 14 days trial period. The paid plans start at $19/mo (yearly) and $25/mo (monthly).
- Better lead generation – with the advanced features, you can get more leads from your existing traffic.
- Push notification – you can also use their push notification service to increase the number of return visitors.
- Easy to use – OmniKick is easy to use.
- Great support – their support team will always help you find and solve issues.
Nothing so far
So, I have explained to you with 9 best email capture tools. Now, choosing the best email capture tool suitable for your budget and feature requirements is up to you. In our experience, OptinMonster comes with many features and integration opportunities.
Last and Final Tip: Look out for trials before purchasing any product. Sign up for their trial and only if you are interested and satisfied, go to the subscription. This will help you save a lot of money.
About the Author
Did you find the article useful?
Then pin me to your Pinterest Board, so that more people will find me
(Remember: The more you give to the Universe, the more you will get from the Universe)So, Pin me
Enter your Email Address below and be the FIRST to receive our Blogging Tips.