Ad monetization is a way for website owners to earn from their blogs. In today’s article, we have the two largest ad monetization companies: Ezoic vs AdSense.
We will compare the two to find out who pays better; we will also include other factors such as requirements, pricing, customer support, etc.
AdSense is one of the most popular monetization programs; around 38.3 million websites use AdSense for ad monetization.
AdSense is a Google program, and publishers often complain that AdSense isn’t profitable.
Compared to AdSense, Ezoic isn’t a large distributor; currently, only 10,000+ publishers use Ezoic. But it is said that Ezoic is more profitable than AdSense; let’s compare both Ezoic vs AdSense in this article.
Ezoic is a technology that helps publishers automate and test ad placements and optimize them to help you increase revenue from ad placements.
Like Ezoic’s Ad Tester, it’s an AI tool that tests the size, location, timing, and ad placement, which helps website owners increase revenue from ads. All the content will be the same, but it will change the website layout and automatically switch to the new design, giving you higher revenue.
Ezoic also conducted a test to prove its tool –
- Ezoic tested its AI tool on 700 participating sites; those websites got 24 million views in a month.
- Revenue on participating websites increased by 300%.
- Furthermore, users spend 35% more time on the website.
However, if you search the internet, you will find reviews from some publishers who claim that Ezoic only increased their revenue for the first few months and then returned to normal.
AdSense is a simple tool to display ads on a website for monetization; it’s an entirely free-of-charge tool. However, there are some prerequisites for incorporating AdSense into your site –
- The website must be at least six months old.
- A website should publish original content.
- It should have decent views.
Once you meet the following requirement, you can further integrate Google AdSense.
Google AdSense is often criticized for its low revenue; nowadays, publishers don’t find Google AdSense revenue exciting.
Google AdSense revenue share is 68% for ad placement on the website and 51% for AdSense search. This revenue share is consistent regardless of your geographic location. This was an overview of both Ezoic vs AdSense.
Both tools can help you earn money, but they can’t do anything if you aren’t eligible for their program. Ezoic vs AdSense both have some requirements to qualify for their programs.
However, while using Ezoic, you still need to integrate AdSense to collect analytical data. Now, let’s compare Ezoic vs AdSense on the required parameter.
The following are the prerequisites for using the Ezoic platform:
- Previously, to join Ezoic, a site needed 10,000 monthly visitors, but now they have removed this threshold limit; any site with a decent number of views can apply.
- Google’s Policy should be followed by your website.
- Your site has original content.
- Your site should be in AdSense-supported languages.
- Your site should comply with AdSense’s policy.
- You aren’t eligible for Ezoic if your site is corporate or e-commerce; at the moment, only informational, content-rich sites can apply for the Ezoic platform.
These were some of the requirements you need to comply with to be eligible for the Ezoic platform.
The following are the requirements to comply with to become eligible for the AdSense Monetization Program:
- Your content should be original
- The minimum age to apply for the AdSense program is 18; however, you can still sign up with AdSense using your parent or guardian’s account.
- Your site should be at least six months old. This is an unwritten rule, but Google uses it to avoid spammy websites.
- Your site should comply with AdSense’s policy.
- Your website should be in AdSense-friendly language.
Earnings are the main reason why many publishers want to switch from AdSense. However, earnings differ from website to website, and who are your advertisers? If you get high-paying ads, your earnings will be higher for the same number of views than on other sites that get low-paying ads.
Let’s see the comparison of earnings of Ezoic vs AdSense.
Ezoic’s AI tool helps you optimize your site and enables you to optimize ad placement, region, location, and timing for higher revenue. All this will happen by collecting data from your site to give you satisfactory results.
That’s why it might require time to see results after integrating your site with the Ezoic AI tool. Because the tool will test different times, locations, placements, etc., on your site to provide you with higher revenue.
Therefore, in the beginning, you might not notice any significant difference in your earnings, but eventually, you’ll start earning more.
You can expect 40$ – 60$ for a 1,000-page view; however, it also depends on various other factors.
To calculate your earnings, use the Ezoic Calculator.
AdSense has a simple rule: whatever revenue they get from ads placed on your website will give you 68% of it. For example, if they earn $200 in advertising revenue by placing ads on your site, they will pay you 136 dollars.
And for AdSense for search, you’ll get 51% of the total revenue.
Google AdSense revenue mainly depends on your audience’s region and niche. Suppose you are a general blog site with an audience from developing countries. In that case, your revenue will be lower than that of a website whose audience is from the US and whose niche is insurance, internet, or telecommunications.
Even if both websites have the exact view count, their revenue will significantly differ.
Our site also uses Google AdSense; however, it is not recommended; we choose AdSense because it meets our requirements. Similarly, you can see according to your requirements. Here is payment proof from Google AdSense.
November 21, 2021
March 21, 2022
September 21, 2022
Now, let’s compare the pricing of Ezoic vs AdSense.
Ezoic offers users a 30-day free trial of their service without any payment information required; after the free trial, if you like the service, you can pay for the subscription to keep it continuing.
They have two programs that you can join:
- Ad-funded option (default)
- 10% revenue share option
Ezoic also offers various other features and tools, for which you have to pay to access them.
AdSense is a free program; you don’t need to pay AdSense to use it. However, AdSense works on an ad revenue-sharing model, for it keeps 32% of revenue generated from displaying ads on your site and 49% for using AdSense for search.
Let’s see in Ezoic vs AdSense whose customer support is better:
Ezoic has levels of customer support; after passing each level, your interaction with the Ezoic support team will increase. When you reach the highest level, the VIP Level, the team will become more accessible to you.
However, you will receive proper support from the team from the start; you can contact or call them for any issue.
- If you have recently joined Ezoic and have less than 10,000 visitors, you are at the Access Now level. At this level, you can contact support and use community channels and FAQs to solve your problem.
- Once you have more than 10,000 visitors, you are at Level 1. You get level-up learning, which is some blogging to help you grow.
- At Level 2, you become A+ Ad Partner; at Level 3, you become an A++ Ad Partner.
- At Level 4, you now have premium eligibility and access to the expert team.
- At the highest level – VIP, you have all the supporting features of Ezoic.
AdSense customer support is straightforward and doesn’t have any levels like Ezoic. From the beginning to the end, you can access all the support, from contacting customer support to the blog and FAQ section.
Unlike Ezoic, AdSense doesn’t have any expert support features. Let’s compare Ezoic vs AdSense in terms of ad optimization.
Let’s see who is better at ad optimization: Ezoic vs AdSense.
Ezoic uses artificial intelligence to optimize ad placement; they automatically try different layouts to generate higher revenue and traffic. Ezoic ad optimization is effective and doesn’t require manual efforts to test every layout.
Google AdSense doesn’t offer automatic ad placement; you have to check each layout manually and try and test each to get the best result. Of course, it is a time-consuming and ineffective way, and many Google AdSense ads negatively affect page load speed.
Finally, if you have read the Ezoic vs AdSense article up to this point and want to sign up for either, we have outlined the entire process.
Both platforms have an easy signup process and entry barriers, which we will mention in this article.
If your website has fewer than 10,000 views, you can join Ezoic using the ‘access now’ option. However, if your site has gotten 10,000 views, you can access Ezoic, and your onboarding process will be much faster.
Ezoic classifies publishers using levels; the Access Now level is for a site just starting. There are levels between – 1, 2, 3, and 4, with the VIP level being the highest for publishers.
- Once you join the program and choose the plan you want to continue, the signup process will start.
- After making an Ezoic account, you need to give approval to Ezoic for testing your site.
- Then, you need to connect your website with Ezoic. You can do it by pointing your nameserver to the Ezoic domain nameserver.
- Enable Ezoic monetization
- Add placeholders – places on your website where Ezoic can run and test ads.
- Later, apply for Google Ad Exchange
- The last step is to turn on Ezoic
All these steps may sound technical, but the Ezoic support team will guide you through them. Also, you can outsource this task to the Ezoic account manager; he will be there to do all the technical things.
Unlike Ezoic, AdSense is stringent on policy breaches; that’s why opening an account on AdSense has some requirements to comply with before joining the AdSense program.
- The minimum age to apply for AdSense is 18 years old.
- Unwritten rule: To get your website approved by AdSense, your website should have some content, i.e., at least 30 articles.
- Another unwritten rule is that your site should be at least six months old.
- You must have a Gmail account and agree to the AdSense policy and terms of service.
The AdSense signup process is simple.
- Go to AdSense and log in there with your Gmail account.
- Then, you need to sign up with AdSense to link your Google account with AdSense.
- You need to enter your name, email address, website, and other related information on the signup page.
- Now, connect your site with AdSense. To do this, AdSense will give you code, which you need to add to your site within the <head> </head> section.
If you have added the snippet of code to your website, you have successfully given your website for review to Google AdSense.
Now you have to wait for a few days or weeks to get a response from AdSense. If you followed our unwritten rule, you might get approved for AdSense.
Many publishers struggle to get approval from AdSense; however, if you have a decent website with valuable content, you can get approval from Google.
Next, here is a comparison table for Ezoic vs AdSense to compare everything side by side.
Here is a quick summary of the whole article on Ezoic vs AdSense on a comparison table; if you scroll down, you’ll get the FAQ section on Ezoic vs AdSense.
|Overview||Ezoic Ad Tester is an AI tool by Ezoic that helps publishers to optimize ad placement to increase revenue for their websites.||AdSense is an Ad monetization program started by Google; it helps websites to monetize themselves by placing ads and generating revenue.|
|Pricing||Paid Model – 30 Days Free Trial||Revenue Sharing Model – No Charges|
|Earnings||300% Increase in ad revenue||68% generated through ad placement will be given to the website owner.|
|Customer Support||Advance customer support to VIP members.||Regular support to every member.|
|Ad Optimization||Yes, Ezoic helps in Ad optimization.||No, AdSense’s ad will impact page speed.|
|Minimum Requirement||You should comply with all Google and AdSense policies, terms, and conditions.||Generic requirements like the minimum age are 18, and you should comply with all the policies.|
|Minimum Visitors||No, minimum visitors required||No, minimum visitors are required (however, it is said that you don’t get AdSense approval unless you have 10,000 monthly visitors.)|
|Ad Dilution||Ad dilution isn’t a problem with Ezoic.||Auto ads in AdSense can cause Ad dilution problems.|
|Minimum Threshold||A $20 threshold of earnings is required to get your first payment.||A $100 threshold of earnings is required to get your first payment.|
This was the Ezoic vs AdSense comparison table; we also created an Ezoic vs AdSense FAQ to answer some of your questions.
With Ezoic on your site, you can increase your site’s revenue by up to 300%, as Ezoic claims. It is said that in the first month, you can get up to 40$ – 60$ per thousand views if all the factors remain good.
The following are some disadvantages of both Ezoic vs AdSense.
1. AdSense ads will decrease your page loading speed.
2. You cannot withdraw any money unless you have earned at least $100.
3. A mistake can result in a lifetime ban on your account.
1. To remove Ezoic’s small ad at the bottom of your website, you must pay 5% of your revenue.
2. You can see results as Ezoic claims, but it will require some time, maybe a month.
The debate between Ezoic vs AdSense is lengthy; both have advantages and disadvantages. Every site is different, and people have different needs; you just need to figure out your needs and find the best tool for yourself.
Both the tools are for increasing the publisher’s revenue; however, if you use Ezoic also, you’ll still need to integrate AdSense for analytics data.
In this Ezoic vs AdSense article, we compare Ezoic vs AdSense with seven parameters – overview (critical difference), requirements, earnings, pricing, customer support, ad optimization, and signup process.
We haven’t judged any tools with our opinion; we just stated the facts and numbers to help you form the best opinion.
However, to end this Ezoic vs AdSense article, we sum up the entire discussion:
If you are a publisher whose site isn’t making enough money from AdSense due to the niche or audience location. Then, we prefer to use Ezoic, which is nothing but an AI tool that will collect data and optimize ads on your website to increase your revenue.
But if your site is in a niche for which AdSense pays more, like – insurance, legal, marketing, advertising, or real estate, then switching to any other platform won’t make much difference, especially if your audience is from the United States.
That’s it for Ezoic vs AdSense; hopefully, this article has helped you; thanks for reading! If the article was helpful, feel free to share it with your friends.
Feel free to check out our blog archive for more related articles.
About the Author
Did you find the article useful?
Then pin me to your Pinterest Board, so that more people will find me
(Remember: The more you give to the Universe, the more you will get from the Universe)So, Pin me
Enter your Email Address below and be the FIRST to receive our Blogging Tips.